- Solid sheet HDPE & UHMW ranges from .062” to 1” thick in natural and black colors
- We can die-cut or 3-axis router many HDPE & UHMW-PE materials.
What are Solid Sheet HDPE and UHMW - PE utilized best for?
High-density polyethylene (HDPE) and Ultra high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMW-PE) are strong, durable, lightweight, and chemically resistant materials popular for a variety of applications.
- Cast Iron Parts
- Heavy metal parts
- Products with sharp edges
- Custom-made into any cell configuration or design requested
- Can withstand the elements better than plastic corrugated. Such as moisture, temperature, and sunlight (UV)
|Comparison of HDPE & UHMW-PE Property Values|
|0.1||Water Absorption Rating||Slight|
|7||The coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion||11.1|
|Can withstand temperatures of 248°F||High Impact Strength|
|Good tensile strength||Machinability|
|Machinability||Low Coefficient of Friction (better wearability)|
|Low Moisture Absorption||Self - lubricating|
|Zero water absorption|
|High abrasion resistance|
When plastic corrugated isn’t strong enough, this is the best alternative. Works well for side load (pigeon hole) dunnage. Can be engineered for extra support and combined with any plastic corrugated project. It can also be machined into any shape for your specific needs. Utilized in many industries, HDPE and UHMW-PE are highly versatile materials. Both can also be used in conjunction with foams, laminates, or any other returnable packaging materials.
Learn how our 3 Axis Router cuts this amazing material precisely and efficiently!