- Solid sheet HDPE & UHMW ranges from .062” to 1” thick in natural and black colors
- We can diecut or 3-axis router many HDPE & UHMW-PE materials.
What is Solid Sheet HDPE and UHMW - PE utilized best for?
High density polyethylene (HDPE) and Ultra high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMW-PE) are strong, durable, lightweight, and chemically resistant material popular for a variety of applications.
- Cast Iron Parts
- Heavy metal parts
- Products with sharp edges
- Custom made into any cell configuration or design requested
- Can withstand the elements better than plastic corrugated. Such as moisture, temperature and sunlight (UV)
|Comparison of HDPE & UHMW-PE Property Values|
|0.1||Water Absorption Rating||Slight|
|7||Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion||11.1|
|Can withstand temperatures of 248°F||High Impact Strength|
|Good tensile strength||Machinability|
|Machinability||Low Coefficient of Friction (better wearability)|
|Low Moisture Absorption||Self - lubricating|
|Zero water absorption|
|High abrasion resistance|
When plastic corrugated isn’t strong enough, this is the best alternative. Works well for side load (pigeon hole) dunnage. Can be engineered for extra support and combined with any plastic corrugated project. It can also be machined into any shape for your specific needs. Utilized in many industries, HDPE and UHMW-PE are highly versatile material. Both can also be used in conjunction with foams, laminates, or any other returnable packaging materials.