5 Axis Water Jet Cutting at Amatech
Perfect cutting for a perfect fit
Amatech is proud to offer waterjet cutting abilities for packaging purposes. We know our customers need the intricacy and precision a waterjet can provide. Water jets are capable of attaining accuracy down to 0.005 inches (0.13 mm) . The nesting of your product in our custom designed package will ensure a smooth, secure transit. Efficient nesting software is used to maximize material yields, lowering your cost. At pressures up to 60,000 psi, we can ensure your foam is cut precisely to meet your exact specifications.
5 Axis Customized Packaging Facts
- 5 axis cutting has the ability to cut complex three dimensional shapes to fit any product.
- It has a multidirectional cutting capacity.
- No heat is produced, which ensures that the material’s properties that are being cut aren’t altered.
- Cuts can be started at any location without the need for predrilled holes.
- Simple fixturing eliminates costly and complicated tooling, which reduces turnaround time and lowers the cost.
- Water Jet cutting is considered a environmentally friendly, as no hazardous waste is produced.
- The most advanced cutting method available
- Why is water jet cutting ideal for your packaging solution?
The process features no heat cutting and starts when the design from the customer goes to our sales team, who then pass the project to our programmers to produce a CAD/CAM file readable to the waterjet machinery. When the program is completed, they are able to get that exact product plan to be brought to life with the water jet. Not only do we like to tell people about how clean out packaging container are, but now we can brag about the cleanliness of our water jet cutting. The machine is only using water and speed, about three times the speed of sound, in terms of measurement. Contact Amatech today with your questions or packaging order to see for yourself what a clean cut really is.
posted by jamesparke
Fantastic post! Thank you so much, for sharing
posted by Sarah
Great post! Thank you so much for sharing this detailed post on 5 axis Waterjet Cutting..It was very interesting and helpful.
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.